For the year 2012, the Martin county tax rate is .67 per 100. The last revaluation was effective January 1st 2009, at 100% of market value. By state law a revaluation must be done every eight years; therefore, the next revaluation will be effective January 1st 2017.
Property tax cards and tax maps are available online
North Carolina collects income taxes from its residents utilizing four tax brackets.
For single taxpayers:
- 6 % on the first $12,750 of taxable income.
- 7 % on taxable income between $12,751 and $60,000.
- 7.75 % on taxable income between $60,001 and $120,000.
- 8 % on taxable income of $120,001 and above.
For married persons filing joint returns:
- 6 % on the first $21,250 of taxable income.
- 7 % on taxable income between $21,251 and $100,000.
- 7.75 % on taxable income between $100,001 and $200,000.
- 8 % on taxable income of $200,001 and above.