- Raleigh Durham International (RDU) covers 4,929 acres and operates three runways, providing direct service to 40 domestic and international destinations on 372 daily flights.
- Martin County Airport, located in Williamston, NC is classified as a small airport, but spells out convenience as it offers charter flights and air charter service.
- Pitt-Greenville Airport, only 20 miles away and is used mainly for general aviation and charters. It is also classified as a small airport is easily reachable by all major highways running through our area. (Necessary to list which ones? If so, seems like we should for all of them.)
- US Air Express serves the region from Pitt-Greenville Aiport daily, providing connecting flights to the major airline hubs at Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Baltimore, and Washington-Dulles airports. Connecting flight schedules make one-day business trips possible to almost all metro areas east of the Mississippi.
- Federal Express, Airborne Express, Emery and UPS also offer air cargo services to the area.
SURFACE / HIGHWAY
- Located at the intersection of US 17 and US 64, both Interstate quality, four lane divided highways, allowing easy access to all points north, south, east and west.
- 50 miles from I-95
- 12 hr drive from largest US Consumer Markets
Our workforce area is served daily by Seaboard Systems Railroad, an operating unit of CSX Transportation. All sites listed on this site have CSX rail carriers.
The proximity to bulk port facilities in both Virginia and North Carolina is favorable to Martin County, NC companies.
Virginia International Ports has four deep water cargo ports and 75 international shipping lanes.
- Virginia International Ports in Norfolk, VA - 120 miles
- Morehead City Port, Morehead City, NC - 100 miles
- Port of Wilmington, Wilmington, NC - 120 miles
Barge services are available on the Roanoke River.